After graduating from the University of Cincinnati (UC) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Jim Perry joined Firestone Tire and Rubber to oversee the construction of multiple projects throughout North America. Years later, home and family drew Jim back to Cincinnati. He completed his MBA at UC then joined a local general contractor as a project manager. The knowledge gained through his experience, coupled with his determination to perform his chosen work with unyielding integrity and to the highest standards, led him to start his own general contracting company. So with only himself and one employee, Jim launched Perry Contracting, Inc. on November 1, 1989.
Perry Contracting, Inc. has since built a staff of dedicated professionals and completed over 1,600 projects ranging in size from several thousand to over $3 million. Our growth has been generated via referrals and repeat business. The company has established lasting relationships with loyal clients, design professionals and subcontractors. We have also learned many valuable lessons over the years. Most importantly, we recognize who we are and what we do best:
- We assume a leadership role as General Contractor, Construction Manager or Design Build Contractor to guide the client through a successful project completion.
- We excel in new construction, renovations, additions and interior finish for medical, dental, office, restaurant, retail, light industrial, religious, multifamily, retirement and assisted living, and institutional clients.
- We employ a team approach – the client, architect, subcontractors and our staff are all integral to the project.
- We generate timely, accurate and detailed bids and close out documentation.
- We pursue only projects within the scope of our capacity and expertise; we do not exceed our abilities.
- We offer experienced, highly skilled craftsman and support staff.
- We maintain the respect and cooperation of our subcontractors.
- We realize that our employees are the key to our success.
As Perry Contracting Inc. enters its 26th year in business, our history provides the solid foundation on which we will build our future.
At Perry Contracting Inc., we feel blessed to live in the greatest country on earth, blessed to do work we love, and blessed for our many successful years in business. In thanks for all of these blessings we have supported the following organizations:
Adopt A Family
Angleman Syndrome Foundation
Catholic Inner Cities Schools
The Children’s Place
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
One Way Farm
Dan Beard Council
Dress For Success
Fernside Center for Grieving Children
Glow For The Cure
Heart Mini Marathon
Hospice of Cincinnati
Lighthouse Youth Services
Mercy Franciscan at Schroeder
Mercy Neighborhood Ministries
Miles That Matter (Cancer Research)
National Federation of Independent Business
Norwood Service League
St. Joseph Orphanage
St. Francis Seraph Ministries
Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
Turpin Atheltic Boosters
Visionaries and Voices
Wright State University Foundation
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
National Federation of Independent Businessmen (NFIB)
U.S. Green Building Council
Greater Cincinnati Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
Cincinnati Regional Chamber of Commerce
Norwood Chamber of Commerce